The Cotton & Company charity program gives back to our community! Recognizing that the D.C. metro area has numerous opportunities to help those who are less fortunate, our Giving Committee organizes events and provides opportunities for our employees to donate their time, talent, and funds to worthwhile causes. While we support charities at both a local and a national level, many of our efforts focus on giving back to our local community. Some of the local organizations we support include:
- Animal Welfare League of Alexandria
- The Campagna Center
- Capital Area Food Bank
- The Carpenter’s Shelter
- March of Dimes
- National Military Family Association
- Ronald McDonald House
- The Salvation Army
- United Community Ministries
We sponsor numerous events throughout the year in which our employees are able to give back:
- We organize service related events in which employees can volunteer their time and talents to give back to our local community. In the past our employees have assisted with clean-up in local Alexandria parks, prepared care packages to send to our troops, and packaged food supplies at local food shelters that are provided to local families in need.
- We sponsor teams that participate in numerous walks, marches, fun runs, and 5ks including the March for Babies and Light the Night Walk.
- We collect canned food, school supplies, pet toys, and holiday gifts to donate to local charities when they are in need.
- Each year we sponsor a myriad of events to raise funds in a way that employees are able to get involved in and win prizes!
- Annual events have included:
- Get Fit Competitions (Teams compete to see who can get the most “fit” for the holidays!)
- March Madness Tournaments
- NFL Pick ‘em Tournaments
- Poker Tournaments
- Brew-off and Corn-hole Tournaments
- Raffle Prizes at Bi-Annual Staff Meetings
- Silent Auctions
- All proceeds collected from our fundraisers have benefitted both local and national organizations such as the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS), March of Dimes, Reach for College, Sophie and Madigan’s Playground, and the Wounded Warrior Project.
In addition to donating the proceeds from the events described above, Cotton & Company also matches all employee donations to approved charities, so that in addition to our time and talent, we were able to donate almost $40,000 to various charities in 2014!
We truly recognize our responsibility as citizens in this community, so when it comes to giving back, you can certainly Count on Us!