Cotton & Company LLP is a certified public accounting partnership headquartered in the historic area of Old Town Alexandria, Virginia. Our practice specialty is the business of government. Since its founding in 1981, Cotton & Company has focused its practice on providing services predominantly for governmental agencies and programs. We have continued to expand our client base and range of services. Once providing limited financial audit services to our federal clients with a handful of auditors, we have grown to a firm of 11 partners and over 150 employees providing a full range of audit, accounting, IT, and management consulting services.
If you are looking for a position that’s not just a job… but an opportunity, then Cotton & Company may be looking for you. We offer interesting and intellectually challenging engagements, opportunity for professional growth, a health work-life balance and a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you share our outlook and philosophy, we invite you to inquire about joining our team.
Cotton and Company is seeking a Senior Auditor to perform tasks in conducting audits of organizations that received support under USAC’S Universal Service Support Mechanisms – the High Cost programs; the Lifeline program; the Rural Healthcare program, including the RHC Pilot and Healthcare Connect programs; and the Schools and Libraries program. USF contributor audits may also be performed.
- Reviewing documents, transactions, records, reports and methodologies for accuracy and effectiveness
- Preparing audit reports
- Reporting of audit findings and making recommendations to the Manager
- B.S. in Accounting or Bachelors Degree in a related field with at least 24 credit hours in Accounting
- Minimum of 18 month of audit experience
- Ability to travel up to 35% annually
- Demonstrated knowledge of Yellow Book requirements and performance audits
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office, specifically Word and Excel
- Demonstrated proficiency in oral and written communication
- Ability to work independently and in a large team environment
Cotton & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Alexandria, Virginia, United States