Federal Accounting Internship
- Tracking Code 55-931
- Job Description
- This position is responsible for providing assistance and support to the accounting or audit project team under the supervision of a senior, supervisory senior or manager. Requires an ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and communicate effectively with supervisory personnel.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain, analyze and evaluate data from the client to perform tests to substantiate transactions, records and reports.
- Review documents, transactions, records, reports and methods for accuracy and effectiveness.
- Prepare sufficient documentation to support work performed, to include workpapers and summarized data reports.
- Report task progress and status to senior, manager, or partner.
- Well organized and pays close attention to details.
- Meet expectations for attendance, punctuality, company/client deadlines and abide by all company policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Proficiency in MS Office specifically Word, Excel, Access
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact with client, manager, and engagement partner
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Able to work 20 to 30 hours per week
Education and/or Experience:
- Student of junior standing working towards Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- Interested in a career in public accounting
- 3.25 GPA or higher
Cotton & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Alexandria, Virginia, United States