- Tracking Code 48-931
- Job Description
- Cotton & Company seeks an experienced accountant with at least 2 years of federal government accounting or consulting experience to assist our federal client with a wide variety of financial management services. These services will include performing work on assigned consulting engagements; mentor and supervise the work of staff; review records, transactions and methods for accuracy and effectiveness; and report findings and make recommendations for the correction of unsatisfactory conditions.
- Required Skills
- Possess an understanding of internal controls and other accounting and auditing concepts and apply them on client engagement.
- Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and offer practical solutions
- Report findings to supervisory senior, manager or partner and make recommendations for the correction of unsatisfactory conditions.
- Review work of staff when necessary.
- Required Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related degree
- Minimum of 2 years of public accounting experience.
- Experience with financial statement preparation, financial and performance audits, and/or internal control reviews.
- Familiarity with federal accounting standards (i.e., OMB circulars, FASAB) and the US Standard General Ledger (USSGL) are preferred.
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex financial data and reports.
- CPA or CPA Candidate is highly desired.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as proficiency with MS Office, particularly MS Excel.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. federal security clearance (U.S. Citizenship is required)
Cotton & Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Alexandria, Virginia, United States