At Cotton & Company, we firmly believe that our employees are our greatest asset. We understand that true diversity and inclusion leads to an increased quality of our general work environment, individual work life experience, and relevant client solutions. Increasing diversity and doing the hard work required to become more equitable and inclusive is a win-win for our business, leadership, employees and clients.
Promoting diversity and inclusion across all firm activities is an important aspect of Cotton’s strategic plan. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is achieved by ensuring that our policies, procedures, programs and initiatives are inclusive and led by diverse leadership.
Cotton & Company established the Diversity & Inclusion Committee to foster a culture that promotes and celebrates a diverse, inclusive, and multicultural workforce, and increases awareness about diversity issues and topics. By increasing awareness about diversity and inclusion issues, Cotton & Company encourages a culture that celebrates our differences and widens the path to success for all employees throughout the entire employee lifecycle.
The Diversity & Inclusion Committee:
- Acts as a liaison between employees and leadership by providing recommendations to leadership to support these goals through collaboration with all company departments, committees, and programs.
- Increases awareness among employees and leaders celebrating company diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Develops programs to promote and celebrate diversity, inclusion, and multiculturalism through various mechanisms, including company-wide social gatherings, cultural and educational events, workshops, and community conversations.
- Promotes the education and appreciation of the diversity in our workforce, to assist in minimizing the effects of implicit bias.
- Creates programs to support Cotton & Company’s diversity and inclusion goals, to create a strong company foundation of diversity and inclusion, as an integral part of the firm’s culture and success.