The Cotton & Company charity program gives back to our community! Recognizing that the D.C. metro area has numerous opportunities to help those who are less fortunate, our Giving Committee organizes events and provides opportunities for our employees to donate their time, talent, and funds to worthwhile causes. While we support charities at both a local and a national level, many of our efforts focus on giving back to our local community. Some of the local organizations we support include:
- Animal Welfare League of Alexandria
- The Campagna Center
- Capital Area Food Bank
- The Carpenter’s Shelter
- March of Dimes
- Together We Bake
- Child & Family Network Centers
- US Vets
- Sophie & Madigan’s Playground
- Ronald McDonald House
- The Salvation Army
We sponsor numerous events throughout the year in which our employees are able to give back:
- We organize service related events in which employees can volunteer their time and talents to give back to our local community. In the past our employees have assisted with clean-up in local Alexandria parks, prepared care packages to send to our troops, and packaged food supplies at local food shelters that are provided to local families in need.
- We sponsor teams that participate in numerous walks, marches, fun runs, and 5ks including the March for Babies, Pancreatic Cancer Action Network (PanCAN), and Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF).
- We collect canned food, school supplies, pet toys, and holiday gifts to donate to local charities when they are in need.
- Each year we sponsor a myriad of events to raise funds in a way that employees are able to get involved in and win prizes!
- Annual events have included:
- Raffle Prizes at Bi-Annual Staff Meetings
- March Madness Bracket Tournament
- Get Fit Competition (Teams compete to see who can get the most “fit”!)
- NFL Pick‘em Tournament
- NFL Fantasy League
- Poker Tournament
- Corn-hole Tournament
- Happy Hours
- Silent Auctions
In addition to donating the proceeds from the events described above, Cotton & Company also matches all employee donations to approved charities, so that in addition to our time and talent, we were able to donate almost $44,000 to various charities in 2019!
We truly recognize our responsibility as citizens in this community, so when it comes to giving back, you can certainly Count on Us!